Ragged Mountain Runners of the Week
Runners of the Week has been a Ragged Mountain family tradition since 1982. Each week we select a few individuals (although sometimes we will actually spotlight all of the members of a relay team, like we did when the Western Albemarle Boys DMR indoor squad won the National title in 2008 or an entire team, as we did when the UVa Women won the NCAA Indoor Track and Field Championships way back in the Winter of 1982) as our “Ragged Mountain Runners of the Week”.
We select a representative from three categories: Community Runner of the Week, High School Runner of the Week (has to be an athlete from one of 17 Central Virginia high schools) and a UVa Runner of the Week (although we have been guilty of awarding this to a non-UVa college runner during the summer months, when the UVa teams are idle).
Every single Ragged Mountain Runner of the Week will be awarded a classic Ragged Mountain t-shirt (the same design we’ve been using since Neal Gropen designed our shirt when he was our next door business neighbor in 1982).
Here’s a list of some of the folks who have been Ragged Mountain Runners of the Week over the years:
October 2, 2012
- Congrats to Kenny Ball, Sarah Trundle, Allison Huschke (Albemarle), Ciera Ulan (Albemarle), Chris Markham (Fluvanna), and Travis Moe (Fluvanna) for being our RUNNERS OF THE WEEK!
October 10, 2012
- Congrats to Charlie Hurt and Jenny Goswami for being our RUNNERS OF THE WEEK! Hurt ran a sweet 2:25 p.r. (~5:30/mile) at the Chicago Marathon and Goswami scored an impressive 2:56 (~6:40/mile) marathon p.r. to finish 6th in her age group at Twin Cities.
October 30, 2012
- Congrats to Ricky Medel, Eric Alves, Catherine White, Zach Gates, Ryan Thomas, Allison Huschke, Dave Taylor, and Nicki Douma for being our RUNNERS OF THE WEEK!
November 13, 2012
- Congrats to Jim Ryan, Tracey Townes, Maddie Hunter, Annie Taylor, Allison Huschke, Ryan Thomas, the entire UVA Men's Cross Country team, and the entire UVA Women's Club Cross Country team for being our RUNNERS OF THE WEEK!
February 3, 2013
- Congrats to Ryan Thomas (AHS), Chance Masloff (WAHS), Mark Amirault (UVA), Catherine White (UVA), and Sophie Speidel for being our RUNNERS OF THE WEEK!
March 26, 2013
- Laura Brown, who completed the 10 Miler Training Program and successfully finished her first ever 10 Miler in a time of 2:33. Brown, thanks in great part to her new found running exercise regimen, lost more than 30 pound along the way.
- Conrad Hunter, who notched a very impressive 1:42 in his first 10 Miler. Hunter, like so many others in the 10 Miler Training Program, wasn't running a single step a year ago.
- Nathaniel Hermsmeier, who is a former Monticello High School star and is now a red-shirt freshman at William and Mary, finished first in the 3,000m at the Tribe Invitational in a time of 8:29.31. This was Hermsmeier's first outdoor collegiate track meet.
May 23, 2013
- Collegiate Runner of the Week: Erin Plews-Ogan, who in a little over a week set the Wooster 3000m steeplechase record twice and qualified for the Division III NCAA Track & Field Championships. The Western Albemarle alumni won the North Coast Athletic Conference in a conference record time of 11:07 and in her next race she ran an impressive 11:04, which qualified her for NCAA's.
- Community Runner of the Week: Gwen Hairston's Agnor Hurt team, who won the prestigious Discovery Cup Relay on Saturday at Monticello High and to all the kids who competed at the Discovery Dash.
- High School Runner of the Week: Gannon Willcutts, who as a freshman ran a very impressive 4:30 to finish second in the 1600m at the Jefferson District Championship in only his second 1600 ever!!
July 10, 2013
- Collegiate Runner of the Week: Lauren Brady, a UVa Club Cross County member and Ragged Mountain employee, was the first overall female finisher at The Independence Day 5k in a time of 19:40. — with Lauren Brady.·
- Community Runner of the Week: Hernan Garbini, who finished 2nd overall and easily won the 50-55 year old age group at The Independence Day 5k with a time of 17:33.·
- Community Runner of the Week: Kendall Tata, who also won the 50-55 year old age group at The Independence Day 5k with a time of 20:22.
- Collegiate Runner of the Week: Greg Swanson, a runner on the UVa club cross country team, ran 17:24 to finish first overall in The Independence Day 5k.
September 5, 2013
- Lauren Brady who ran 24:52 for the four miles to finish 6th overall and 1st in her age group. — with Lauren Brady.
- Jordan Phemister (pictured above in the center wearing #3560) finished 6th in her age group with a time of 26:45.
- Janice DiGirolamo (pictured above on the right wearing #868) finished 6th in her age group with a time of 28:22.
November 7, 2013
- COMMUNITY: Jason Varsoke, who rocketed to a nifty four minute p.r. of 3:04 at The New York City Marathon on Sunday!
- COMMUNITY: Charlotte Browning, who started off her season with an impressive PR of 16:23 to finish 13th in the ultra competitive NYRR Dash to the Finish 5K.
- COLLEGIATE: Maria Hauger, a first year at UVa, was named the ACC Cross Country Freshman of the Year for being the first freshman across the line at the ACC Championships this past weekend with her 10th place finish.
- COLLEGIATE: Thomas Madden, a first year at UVa, was also named the ACC Cross Country Freshman of the Year for being the first freshman across the line at the ACC Championships with his 45th place finish.
- HIGH SCHOOL: Chris Ferguson, a senior at Western Albemarle, who in his first season ever running cross country ran a PR of 16:18 at the 3A West Regional Championships yesterday. Chris finished a very impressive fifth place and helped his team finish a very close second to Blacksburg High School. In the past two weeks, Chris has improved his PR by a total of 37 seconds with a 15 second PR last week and a 22 second PR on Wednesday!
November 13, 2013
- COMMUNITY: Kase Luzar, who rocketed to a 12 minute p.r. with his stellar 3:04 performance at the Savannah Marathon!
- Also, Karen Durland-Jones, who broke the four hour barrier for the first time with an excellent 3:58 clocking at the Marshall Marathon!
- HIGH SCHOOL: Alex Lomong, a sophomore at Fork Union, completed a stellar cross country season with a second place finish at the VIS State Championships this past weekend.
- HIGH SCHOOL: The STAB Girl's Team for their fantastic fourth place finish in the Division 1 girl's race at the VIS State Championships at Woodberry Forest on Friday!
December 18, 2013
- Erin Plews-Ogan, who rocked the Three Bridges Half Marathon with a sparkling 1:27 blue ribbon performance!
- Ken Ballew, who won his age group at Three Bridges the an impressive 1:39 clock stopper at Three Bridges!
- Hosni Haghighian, who set the 50-50 course record with an excellent 1:39 at Three Bridges!
- Martha Cullaty, who scored a big Half p.r. with a 1:42 at Three Bridges!
January 17, 2014
- COMMUNITY RUNNERS OF THE WEEK: ...to everyone who has been managing to get out the door in all this extra challenging winter weather over the last 10 days.
- HIGH SCHOOL RUNNER: Dave Kwiatkowski, a junior at Albemarle, ran 4:43 to finish second in the 1600 at a meet at FUMA this past weekend. This was a 3 second P.R. for Dave.
- COLLEGIATE RUNNER: Payton Hazzard, a junior at Virginia, ran 21.78 to win the 200m at the Orange & Purple Classic at Clemson this past weekend. This was the tied for the second-best indoor time in school history
February 19, 2014
- COMMUNITY RUNNER OF THE WEEK: To each of the ten ultra marathon competitors, who stopped in the middle of their race at The Holiday Lakes 50K on Saturday to help fellow athlete Amy Albu (a nurse at UVa), who had fallen in the deep and muddy snow and broke her tibia and fibula. These selfless athletes sacrificed their individual races and helped carry Albu a full two miles back to the medical facility. Wow!
- COLLEGIATE RUNNER OF THE WEEK: Adam Visokay, the former Albemarle standout, now competing in a Virginia uniform, out kicked the competition in the 3000m at the Iowa State Classic with a blistering 7:57. Visokay, who is a red shirt freshman, now has the 3rd fastest 3K time in school history.
- Teammate Connor Rog, who ran step for step with Visokay most of the way, ran a 8:09 for the second fastestfreshman time in school history! Jordan Lavender, last week's Runner of the Week, broke the school record for the indoor 400 too!
March 12, 2014
- HIGH SCHOOL RUNNERS OF THE WEEK: Brothers, Alex and Peter Lomong, both ran huge PRs in the 1000m at the Virginia Meet of Champions this past weekend. Alex, a sophomore, finished 3rd with a 4 second PR of 2:30, and Peter, a junior, finished 5th with a 5 second PR of 2:32.
- COMMUNITY RUNNERS OF THE WEEK: Caroline McNeely and Kara Williams, who both ran PRs at the Phoenix Marathon to qualify for the Boston Marathon. Caroline ran 3:39 to qualify for her 2nd Boston Marathon. Kara ran 3:44 to qualify for her 10th Boston Marathon.
- COLLEGIATE RUNNERS OF THE WEEK: Nicholas Roberts, a medical student at UVa, who won the Camp Holiday Trails 5k in 17:30 on Saturday.
March 19, 2014
- COLLEGIATE RUNNER OF THE WEEK: Keith Montminy, a freshman at Virginia Tech, who finished third overall at the MJ8K with a 29:29 (5:56/mile) clock stopper.
- HIGH SCHOOL RUNNER OF THE WEEK: Western Albemarle cross country standout, Alice Ducharme, who ran an impressive 35:53 (7:13/mile) to take the blue ribbon in her age group at The MJ8K on Saturday.
COMMUNITY RUNNER OF THE WEEK: Training partners Deric Park (2:57) and Jason Varsoke (2:59), who ran excellent p.r.'s at the Tobacco Road Marathon in North Carolina en route to re-qualifying for Boston on Sunday.
April 4, 2014
- Adam Visokay, who ran 29:14 in his first 10,000m. Visokay's amazing time which he ran at the Raleigh Relays last week, is the fastest debut in school history and positions him as the 4th fastest in school history.
- Greg Jantzen, a fourth year, who won the 39th edition of the Charlottesville Ten Miler on Saturday. This was Jantzen's 3rd 10 Miler and his first victory.
- Amy Hemenway, who was the first female to cross the finish line at the Ten Miler. Teh former CHS soccer star was 7th overall, which is a new Ten Miler record for the highest finish by a female in race history.
- Janet Posner, who completed her 30th Ten Miler on Saturday. Posner's amazing 10 Miler journey began with her first running of this iconic race back in the mid 80's.
April 10, 2014
- HIGH SCHOOL RUNNERS OF THE WEEK: James Spano and Zach Mackenzie, who both broke the five-minute barrier for the first time in the 1600m last night at the City-County Track and Field Meet. James, a junior at Albemarle, ran an impressive 11 second PR to run 4:57 and Zach, a freshman at Albemarle, ran a huge 15 second PR to run 4:58!
- COMMUNITY RUNNER OF THE WEEK: Hosni Haghighian, who finished her 70th marathon (The Charlottesville Marathon) over the weekend in an impressive 3:46!
April 24, 2014
- COMMUNITY RUNNER OF THE WEEK: Jim Ryan, who scorched a 2:56 in the heat at the Boston Marathon on Monday!
- COMMUNITY RUNNER OF THE WEEK: Holly Rich, who ran a stellar 3:16 effort at Monday's Boston Marathon!
- COLLEGIATE RUNNER OF THE WEEK: Ragged Mountain's very own, Kyle King, who won the 3000m steeplechase at the ACC Championships in a great time of 8:48. This is the 5th fastest time in school history and the first ACC Championship in the steeplechase since 1994.
- HIGH SCHOOL RUNNER OF THE WEEK: J.R. Ballowe, a senior at Nelson County, won both the 1600m and 3200m at the Amherst Invitational this past Saturday. J.R. ran a PR of 4:33 in the 1600 and ran a very impressive 9:44 in the 3200.
- HIGH SCHOOL RUNNER OF THE WEEK: Kathryn Mayo, a freshman at Albemarle, won the 800m at the Amherst Invitational in a very impressive 2:17. This was just Kathryn's second 800m ever. Kathryn then doubled back to split 60.5 secs in the 4x400m.
May 9, 2014
- COMMUNITY RUNNER OF THE WEEK: Our very own Rachel Ward, who knocked 24 big seconds off her 10,000 PR en route to a 32:15 12th place finish (4th American) at the prestigious Payton Jordan Invitational at Stanford.
- COMMUNITY RUNNER OF THE WEEK: Zach Snider, who finished 1st in his age group and 9th overall at the Montalto Challenge 5K as he ran his best uphill 5k to date (24:37)!
- COLLEGIATE RUNNER OF THE WEEK: Tyler Stutzman, the Western Albemarle grad and Stanford senior, ran a 3:40 PR in the 1500 at the Payton Jordan Invitational.
- HIGH SCHOOL RUNNER OF THE WEEK: Alex Lomong, a sophomore at FUMA, ran a huge 14 second PR to finish 3rd with a 4:16 in the very competitive 1600m at this past Saturday's Dogwood Track Classic.
- HIGH SCHOOL RUNNER OF THE WEEK: The girls Monticello High School 4x800m team, Gena Lewis (10th grade), Laura Habermeyer (10th grade), Isabelle Hermsmeier (11th grade), and Renee Craft (9th grade), finished 3rd at the Dogwood Track Classic this past Saturday with a time of 10:20. The same team set a school record two weeks earlier at the Amherst Invitational with a 10:19. This time should continue to drop as Gena and Laura both PRed by 3 seconds at Wednesday's Jefferson District meet as each girl ran 2:28. Gena set a school record with her 2:28.06.
May 21, 2014
- COMMUNITY RUNNER OF THE WEEK: Glen Anderson, who dropped his p.r. by five full minutes with a very impressive 3:19 at the Pocono Marathon on Sunday. Amazingly, this was Anderson's 99th marathon finish and 2nd PR in two weeks!
- Susan Keith, who, for the first time, broke the magical four hour barrier at the Pocono Marathon on Sunday. Congrats!
- HIGH SCHOOL RUNNER OF THE WEEK: The entire Woodberry Forest track team who won the VISAA State Championships on Saturday by a huge 81 point margin!
- HIGH SCHOOL RUNNER OF THE WEEK: Annie Taylor, a Junior at Western Albemarle, who ran the #2 3200 meter time in Western school history last week with her 10:56.20 clocking. This was Annie's first time under the 11 minute barrier.
June 5, 2014
- HIGH SCHOOL RUNNER OF THE WEEK: Kellyn Kusyk, a sophomore at Charlottesville, who spends most of her time in the spring starring on the Charlottesville lacrosse team, ran an impressive 2:23 to finish 7th in the 800m at the 4A North Regional Championship.
- COLLEGIATE RUNNER OF THE WEEK: Jen Flack, a 1st year at UVa, set the Virignia freshman record in the 10,000m with a time of 34:12. Jen finished 11th and qualified for the NCAA Championships in Eugene.
- COLLEGIATE RUNNER OF THE WEEK: Kyle King, a 3rd year at UVa and Ragged Mountain's own, finished 3rd at NCAA East Preliminaries with a PR of 8:41 in the steeplechase. This was the 4th fastest time in school history and qualified Kyle for the NCAA Championships in Eugene.
- COMMUNITY RUNNER OF THE WEEK: Jason Braunstein, for inspiring countless runners with his heroic journey. Jason has successfully battled cancer, lost 70 pounds and dropped his marathon p.r. from 3:51 to 3:14 in March!
- HIGH SCHOOL RUNNER OF THE WEEK: Gannon Willcutts, a sophomore at Western Albemarle, ran a huge 1600m PR to finish 3rd at the 3A West Regional Championships with a time of 4:18!
June 11, 2014
- HIGH SCHOOL RUNNER OF THE WEEK (STATE CHAMP EDITION): The 4x800m relay from Albemarle, Noah Smith (9th grade), Zach Gentry (11th grade), Ben Gersbach (10th grade), and Ryan Thomas (12th grade), ran a blazing 7:53 to win the 5A State title in the 4x800m. This was the first state title for Albemarle in the 4x800m since 2009's national record setting team.
- HIGH SCHOOL RUNNER OF THE WEEK (STATE CHAMP EDITION): Annie Taylor, a junior at Western Albemarle, won the girls 1600m at the 3A State Championship with a 5:09! Annie was also all-state in the 3200 and was part of Western's 2nd place 4x800m.
- COMMUNITY RUNNER OF THE WEEK: Erik Boynton, who broke 8 minute pace for the first time ever at any race at the very challenging "4 the Wounded 5K" on Saturday with a sparkling 24:24!
- HIGH SCHOOL RUNNER OF THE WEEK (STATE CHAMP EDIITON): Kathryn Mayo, a freshman at Albemarle, won the 800m at the 5A State Championship with a school record 2:15! Kathryn won the race by an impressive 2 second margin.
July 9, 2014
- CONGRATULATIONS to Nicole Erdim, Clark Jackson, Morgan Prior, and Seamus Otto on their great performances at the Kiwanis Club of Charlottesville's Independence Day 5k and on being our RUNNERS OF THE WEEK!!!
July 30, 2014
- Charlie Souter took the overall blue ribbon in the community race at The Downtown Michie Mile last Thursday!
- Kate Farina finished second overall in the Women's Elite race at the Downtown Michie Mile.
- Zander McNeish, a rising senior at Monticello High School, broke the coveted 5-minute barrier Monday night with a blazing 4:57.84 mile at the final Charlottesville Track Club summer meet!
- Vicky Schandevel raced an impressive 5:27 at the Downtown Michie Mile last Thursday, which earned her a 4th place overall finish!
August 6, 2014
- CONGRATULATIONS to Matt Thomas and Erika Pierce on being our Ragged Mountain Running Shop RUNNERS OF THE WEEK!
September 5, 2014
- Erika Viccellio demonstrated great improvement at this year's Women's Four Miler! Erika ran 30:34 (vs. 33:10 last year) good enough for 13th in her age group (40-44)!
- Karen Ham, who also showed great improvement, ran 32:06 (vs. 33:09 last year), earning her a top 10 finish in her age group (50-54)!
- Chance Masloff (WAHS), who ran blistering 12:30, to finish 3rd overall at The Ragged Mountain Cup. Masloff knocked an amazing 49 seconds of her time from last year (13:21)!
- Andrew Gonce (MHS), who climbed an incredible 53 places from last year's Cup (when he finished 64th), to finish 11th overall at this year's race. Gonce vaulted from 12:41 last year to a very impressive 11:31 this year. That's a whopping 70 second improvement!
- Richard Moon, a longtime Charlottesville Track Club member and Ragged Mountain Running Shop friend finished 4th at the USA Track & Field Master's Championships in the 400 with a 72.06!
September 17, 2014
- Arika Cocke finished 3rd overall for the women at Saturday's Pepsi 10k with an impressive clocking of 39:36!
- John Freeman knocked out an excellent 41:32 (6:42/mile pace) in his first ever 10k at the The Pepsi 10k on Saturday!
- Elizabeth Ward, a 10th grader at STAB, had a very impressive 5k opener with a 21:12 debut clocking on the challenging course at the Woodberry Invitational on Saturday! — with Jill Danley Campbell at Ragged Mountain Running Shop.
- The Albemarle boys took 6 of the top 8 spots at last Wednesday's City-County meet. The Patriots averaged 17:36 on the Panorama Farms 5k course, exacting a bit of revenge on cross-county rival Western Albemarle with a 25-46 victory!
September 24, 2014
- Logan Jones-Wilkins, a freshman at the Tandem Friends School, became the first harrier in school history to win the DAC (Delaney Atlantic Conference) meet! The speedy runner also led his fellow Tandem teammates to their highest ever team finish at this big meet in Middleburg, Virginia, as they took 6th place over the rolling Foxcroft School course!! (the girls team took 5th as well!)
- Anne Menefee finished first overall at the Cavalier Invitational, leading her fellow UVA Club Cross-Country and Track teammates to a big win at Ash Lawn–Highland on Saturday morning!
- Myles Anderson finished 6th overall at Ash Lawn–Highland, leading his UVA Club Cross-Country and Track team to a big victory at the Cavalier Invitational on Saturday.
October 22, 2014
- Robin Edwards broke 2 hours this past weekend at The Myrtle Beach Half Marathon!
- Daniel White broke the magical 2 hour barrier as well at The Myrtle Beach Half Marathon!
- Erik Boynton ran a great sub-2 hour time for The Myrtle Beach Half Marathon over the weekend
October 30, 2014
- CONGRATULATIONS to Brian Nagel, Madeleine Gomez, Riley Covert and Kristen Cabrera on being our Ragged Mountain Running Shop RUNNERS OF THE WEEK!!!
November 21, 2014
- Kenzie Lloyd (AHS), who topped out her amazing freshman season with a 15th place performance at the 5A State Championships, earning her All-Sate honors!
- Alex Lomong (FUMA), won the VISAA Division I State Champs in 16:50!
- Trevor Stutzman (WAHS), who had arguably his best race of his high school career with a stellar 6th place finish (16:10) at the State 3A Championships!
- Riley Covert (CHS), who nailed a 15:51 for an awesome 5th place finish at the 4A State Championships!
- Seamus Otto (Turner Ashby), who after a long layoff due to injury, rocketed to 10th place finish in 16:14 at the 3A State Championships!
- Laura Habermeyer (MHS), who ran her first sub 20 of the year to lead her fellow Mustangs to their highest State team place ever!
- Andy Riddler, who ran his first marathon in a very impressive 3:34 at Richmond!
- Patrick Meyer, who shattered his old PR of 3:32 with a 3:16 scorcher at the Richmond Marathon!
- Peggy Mowbray, who won her age group (55-59) with a sparkling 3:44 at the Richmond Marathon!
- Deborah Murray, who qualified for Boston with her best marathon time ever (4:23)!
- Catherine Singleton, who dropped her half marathon PR by 12 minutes at the Richmond Marathon!
- Rob Mathes, who ran an impressive 2:47 PR at Richmond!
- Leah Wayner, who debuted with an amazing 3:46 at the Richmond Marathon!
- Lori Chamberlin, who knocked a whopping 22 minutes off her marathon PR with a nifty 3:58 at Richmond!
- Stewart Sackson, who debuted with a 2:58 dandy of a marathon at Richmond and won his age group in doing so!
- Iona Lake (3rd), who earned All-Region honors at the Southeast Regional meet in Louisville, KY last Saturday to help lead the Cavaliers to a 2nd place finish overall, qualifying them for the NCAA Championships in the process!
- Morgan Kelly (4th), who earned All-Region honors at the Southeast Regional meet in Louisville, KY last Saturday to help lead the Cavaliers to a 2nd place finish overall, qualifying them for the NCAA Championships in the process!
- Sarah Fakler (11th), who earned All-Region honors at the Southeast Regional meet in Louisville, KY last Saturday to help lead the Cavaliers to a 2nd place finish overall, qualifying them for the NCAA Championships in the process!
- Chase Weaverling, the UVA first year who in his first collegiate race EVER, finished 24th at the Southeast Regional meet to earn All-Region honors. Weaverling was the 4th 'Hoo to cross the line and was a huge help to his team as they won the meet and will join their female counterparts in Terre Haute, Indiana this Saturday for the NCAA Champs! --
November 26, 2014
- Bernie Webb, who scorched a 1:44 debut half marathon performance at the Philly Half on Sunday! Webb's impressive effort clocked in at a sub 8 minute/mile rate!
- Rachel Ward, who represented the USA for the first time, in a major International Relay race in Japan over the weekend!
- To all of the 1500 runners who participated in the Fourth Year 5K on Saturday, now making this annual alcohol awareness event the largest student organized foot race at UVa!
December 11, 2014
- Michael Kersher was the first to cross the line at the Monticello Holiday Classic with a 17:29 clock stopper!
- Beth Frackleton won her age group at the Monticello Holiday Classic with a sparkling 23:18!
- Nicole Whitehead rocketed to a super time of 28:51 at the Monticello Holiday Classic 5K on Saturday. Nicole shaved over two and half minutes off of her previous best 5K time!
January 21, 2015
- Sean Keveren ran an amazing 1:02:52 (4:48/mile) at the USA Half Marathon Championships in Houston on Sunday. Keveren's impressive time earned him a 9th place finish and, more importantly, a berth at the 2016 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials.
- Leah Connor scored impressive age group performance in the cold rain at the Frostbite 15K in Richmond on Sunday with a 2nd place finish!
- Leah Wayner also scored an impressive 3rd place age group performance in the cold rain at the Frostbite 15K in Richmond on Sunday!
- Gabbi Bock (Albemarle), who notched a significant p.r. in the 1600 at the FUMA Invitational on Saturday. Bock, who is one of Albemarle's famous "Fabulous Freshman", dropped her previous best of 5:58 to an impressive 5:49!
March 18, 2015
- Dave Krovetz, who dropped his marathon P.R. 14 minutes with his impressive 3:34 performance at Tobacco Road!
- Matt Thompson, who finished in 2:58 at the National Marathon in D.C. on Saturday. This was Thompson's first ever sub three hour performance!
- Chloe Ball, who ran a 10 minute P.R. in the same race, as she clocked a 4:36 in the pouring rain!
- Jaime Laugelli, who ran a huge 20 minute P.R. with her impressive 4:02 clocking at the Tobacco Road Marathon!
- Travis Pickell, who blasted a 13 minute P.R. with his 3:45 clock stopper at Tobacco Road!
April 2, 2015
- CONGRATULATIONS to Caroline McNeely and Amelia Fe Camacho on being our Ragged Mountain Running Shop RUNNERS OF THE WEEK!!!
April 15, 2015
- CONGRATULATIONS to Alex Lomong, Taylor Watkins, and Peter Thompson on being our Ragged Mountain Running Shop RUNNERS OF THE WEEK!!!
April 27, 2015
- CONGRATULATIONS to all of our local runners, who ran through some of the most challenging weather conditions en route to completing The Boston Marathon on Monday, on being our Ragged Mountain Running Shop RUNNERS OF THE WEEK!!!
May 7, 2015
- CONGRATULATIONS to the Monticello High School Boy's 4x800 Team, Gannon Wilcutts, Jayla Davis and Kendall Tata on being our Ragged Mountain Running Shop RUNNERS OF THE WEEK!!!
July 9, 2015
- CONGRATULATIONS to David Kwiatkowski, Colleen Alexander, and the Smith family on being our Ragged Mountain Running Shop RUNNERS OF THE WEEK!!!
October 8, 2015
- Mark Hampton, who nailed down a very impressive 3:17 at the St.George Marathon in Utah (a four minute PR and a ticket to Boston), Natalie Kretzer, who rocketed to a speedy 3:02 in the same race and Peter Thompson, who scored a huge 11 minute PR with his excellent 3:58 effort at the Twin Cities Marathon!