With spring officially upon us, we wanted to reflect on the 2021 edition of the winter mileage club. Thanks to your hard work, 100 participants logged a total of 37,593 miles, which, using the tiered criteria we had laid out at the beginning of the winter, equates to a grand total of $1,205! These funds will be equally distributed to the five non profits selected that so vitally serve our area's running, walking and outdoor needs.
In the spirit of paying it forward, we ask that any of you who feel so inclined, to consider donating whatever you feel is appropriate. Links to the five organizations are below, all of which include links to donate directly.
- Rivanna Trails Foundation (RTF)
- Piedmont Environmental Council (PECVA)
- The Saunders Trail at Monticello
- The Claudius Crozet Blue Ridge Tunnel Foundation
- The Botanical Garden of the Piedmont
- Run Your City (Charlottesville)
Thanks again for participating, and all the best as you continue to log those miles!